The hidden for most common shelves brackets are part of a design floating shelves, wherein the support is hidden in the hollow base of the shelf brackets. However, if you have floating shelves available, you can invest the concept to build a neat support for any rack.
- Measure the length and thickness of your shelf brackets.
- Cut three wooden boards to a length equal to your shelf plus 5.08 cm.
- Cut two other tables for a long equivalent to the thickness of your shelf brackets. A shelf 2.54 cm needs tables 2.54 cm.
- Tables accommodate two short and two long as a rectangular frame. The edges of 5.08 cm short boards must be joined with the faces of 5.08 cm of the long boards.
- Cut the last board to a width that is equivalent to the total width of the frame you’ve built. That table mounted on the back frame using wood glue and wood 6 screws 3.81 cm evenly spaced along the long boards.
- Mount the bracket to the wall using wood screws 7.62 cm, each fastened through the back plate on a wall stud behind.
- Make a layer of wood glue on the inside of your support. Slide your within the support shelf and screw it in place with a screw of 3.81 cm every 5.08 cm long.